Marathon Norco features an entire family of Fixed Length, Telescopic, Folding Hold Open Rods (HORs) featuring Locking Collar (Pull Then Lift Technology) and multiple interface methods (Rod End Bearing, Couplex, and Universal Joint) for a wide variety of nacelle applications including traditional Receiver/Spool and Passive/Zero Wear Receiver.
- Several MNAI Hold Open Rods incorporate our patented damping technology to control the rate of extension and retraction based on a specified load range.
Our current line of HORs
- Single Stage HOR – One lock collar actuated to extend or retract the Hold Open Rod. Can be permanently attached or stowed on the cowl.
- Two Stage HOR – Two locking mechanism’s and three tubes. Can be permanently attached or stowed on the cowl
- Fixed Length HOR – Typically used along with a Couplex where the rod can be stowed away and then raised up and clipped into a receiver when the door is opened.
- Folding Hold Open Rods – Typical for access door panels
Current Types of Locking Options
- Extend then Pull (no unlock under load) – Cowl Door must be raised, relieving the load on the Hold Open Rod, before the lock collar can be actuated
- Pull then Lift – Designed to hold ultimate load after unlocked and to automatically unlock after load is removed with no collar operation.
- Turn then Pull – Ensures no accidental unlock of release collar. Good for areas with higher than normal snag or accidental grab potential.
- Damping Capability (Hydraulic & Mechanical)