TSP-1749 17 Ah SuperPower Battery
The TSP-1749L (p/n 33283-001) is a 20-cell Super Power Nickel Cadmium battery, with a nominal voltage of 24V, and a nominal capacity of 17 Ah, at a weight of only 38.5 lbs. (max). The TSP-1749L will provide an Imp (15-second discharge @ maximum power transfer) of 800 amps at room temperature. The TSP-1749L was designed to meet or exceed all of the electrical and environmental requirements of RTCA/DO-293. The Marathon TSP-1749L Super Power battery is a greatly improved nickel-cadmium (Ni-Cd) battery that features:
- High porosity sintered carbonyl Nickel electrodes utilizing a Nickel-Steel foil substrate for improved current collection and increased cell reliability.
- Long life, durable micro porous polypropylene gas barrier membrane of proven durability in hot oxidizing environment has eliminated the classic “Thermal Run-a-way” problem with early Nickel Cadmium batteries.
- Long life, durable microfiber polypropylene fabric on both sides of the gas barrier provide superior wicking action that enables the electrolyte conductivity to remain high even if the electrolyte level is below the top of the electrodes.
- Ternary electrolyte solution is specifically formulated to provide excellent cell performance over a wide range of temperatures.
- Redundant temperature sensors that can be used to disable battery charging or alert crew of increased battery temperature
- Stainless Steel battery case and cover assembly that withstands corrosion.